Palm Pre Tips & Tricks
- Palm's gesture documentation
- Enable advanced gestures. Once enabled from "Screen & Lock", a swipe left or right along full gesture area (below screen) goes to next/previous app, like alt-tab. The "Back" gesture then becomes a swipe only from the middle of the screen + swipe left.
- Delete Icon/Uninstall app: Hold down Orange key and tap icon. Cannot delete everything.
- Take a screenshot: Hold down Orange key and press P
- Debugging info: Orange Key + Sym + i
- Delete an email without opening it: press the message with your finger and just slide it off of the screen.
- Change icons in the launcher bar: hold down an existing icon + drag up to remove. To add, hold down an icon and drag it down to the launcher.
- Ignore an incoming call when the phone is locked: tap the power button.
- PDF Guide/cheat sheet from here.
- There is no way (yet) to sync only some contacts from Gmail/Facebook. Hopefully they will support groups in the future and let you sync only certain ones.
- When connecting to a WPA2 WiFi Access Point, it always seems to think it's "Enterprise" mode and requires a username which isn't valid in all cases.
- No option to disable images in e-mail.
- Instant Messenger program is AIM/Google talk only. Cannot manually add a jabber account to a non Google server.
- Google Maps application doesn't support Latitude
Here are some various 480x320 wallpapers. The Mario ones came from here.
http://falz.net/drupalfiles/pre_alien.jpg http://falz.net/drupalfiles/pre_awesomedog_universe.jpg http://falz.net/drupalfiles/pre_crab_nebula_supernova.jpg http://falz.net/drupalfiles/pre_devastator.jpg http://falz.net/drupalfiles/pre_earthrise_moon.jpg http://falz.net/drupalfiles/pre_fry.jpg http://falz.net/drupalfiles/pre_joseph_ducreaux_the_mocker_1793.jpg http://falz.net/drupalfiles/pre_metroid.jpg http://falz.net/drupalfiles/pre_portal_cube.jpg http://falz.net/drupalfiles/pre_spacewalk.jpg http://falz.net/drupalfiles/super_mario_brothers.jpg http://falz.net/drupalfiles/super_mario_world.jpg
See below for a ringtone that actually sounds like a phone.