RANCID - Mikrotik Routers
Revision as of 14:07, 9 July 2014 by Falz
RANCID is a system that lets you fetch router configs into CVS. It supports many devices by default but not MikroTik which is sort of a new kid on the block. Someone was nice enough to create a patch for MikroTik. This patch doesn't cleanly apply so here's all you need to get it going in a non-patch method. These docs were made on a FreeBSD system, paths may be different in your case.
- Get mtlogin and mtrancid from http://falz.net/static/rancid/ and place them in /usr/local/libexec/rancid/. chmod 555 them.
- Edit /usr/local/libexec/rancid/rancid-fe and add this line to the %vendortable hash:
'mikrotik' => 'mtrancid',
Then just add a device as type mikrotik to your router.db file. like so and things should work as expected:
- Mikrotik generates a random mac-address for openvpn server when the config is displayed. To fix this bug, force its mac-address:
/interface ovpn-server server set mac-address=00:00:00:00:00:01
- 2012-08-15 - updated "mtrancid" line 226 to fix up line splitting code. - Kristian Hoffmann
- 2011-03-09 - updated mtrancid adding without-paging per timoid's suggestion