8BitDo M30 2.4G Firmware
Revision as of 15:30, 24 March 2019 by Falz (Created page with "[http://www.8bitdo.com/ 8bitDo] makes controllers in the style of and for use on retro gaming systems. They recently released an two M30 controller models - one "2.4G" which c...")
8bitDo makes controllers in the style of and for use on retro gaming systems. They recently released an two M30 controller models - one "2.4G" which comes with a Genesis dongle for $25, and another which is standard bluetooth for $30 and no dongle.
Firmware on 8bitdo's website is for M30 bluetooth, NOT for M30 2.4G. Many folks have had issues connection drop with the 2.4G model, but 8bitdo does not list firmware on their website.
- 2.4GFimrwareUpdaterReadme.doc - English instructions
- V2.00_GamePad(190312).dat - Controller Firmware
- V2.00_RR(190312).dat - Dongle Firmware
- Put the controller into update mode by pressing L and R triggers simultaneously, and then start.
- Blue and Green LEDs next to USB connector will blink
- Plug in to your Computer
- Any OS will do, it will show up as a usb drive.
- Mine showed up with the current firmware version in the mount name, which was V1_90.
- Copy V2.00_GamePad(190312).dat to it. After a minute or so the USB drive will go away on its own.
- Unplug USB, plug it back in again, it should now show up mounted as V2_00, indicating you're good.
- Remove the plastic case from the dongle, which requires a tiny hex bit
- A Micro USB port will be visible on the PCB
- <TODO once I find the appropriate size hex bit>